Friday, November 7, 2008

Put Another Log on the Fire

I brought this up and the Wed. night 2nd service but, I guess I felt a little like our beloved Pastor because no one else was as excited as I was at what the scripture said. I still think it is a miracle.

Leviticus 6:12,13 The fire on the altar must be kept burning; it must not go out. Every morning the priest is to add firewood and arrange the burnt offering on the fire and burn the fat of the fellowship offering on it. The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out.
The Chumash says the fire in Moses Tabernacle burned for 116 years: 39 in the wilderness, 14 in Gilgal, 13 in Nob, and 50 in Gibeon. During all those years the Altar fire burned continuously, yet its thin copper layer never melted and its wooden structure was never charred.
Ok but where did they get the wood? Two things that are not in abundance in the desert are water and trees. God provided water did He also provide wood? There are not many trees in the wilderness today, but maybe then there were more. They could have all been used for firewood for the altar and that is why there are not many today.
I know about how much wood it takes to roast a Hebrew National hotdog, can you imagine how much it would have taken to burn a bull to ashes.
I would not have wanted to be on firewood detail.

Sandi

1 comment:

Tina said...

First of all, what are you doing up at 5:30 in the morning? Second, I believe the lack of trees in the desert is directly proportional to the lack of water. I'm with you...God provides everything we need in order for us to serve him according to his desire and will.