Thursday, January 29, 2009

More 10 stuff

Scott, thanks for your post. Your insight is such a blessing to me.

While reading your message, I was reminded of a sermon I heard many years ago. Doug Parsons (minister at GCR back in the 80s) mentioned the number 144,000 from Revelation 14. I remember him pointing out that the number was 12 x 12 x 10 x 10 x 10. That is 12 (OT tribes of Israel) and 12 (NT apostles representing the church) along with the complete number 10 repeated three times. So, 144,000 represents all of God's people from all of the ages.

As a note, 6 is the Adversary's number so 666 is "evil to the max." Any number repeated three times is an "ultimate" number. So, 10 x 10 x 10 is "complete" completeness. That makes no sense to a mathmetician--like giving 110%--it's illogical. However, since when has God been logical?

We are off to Camp Wood tomorrow for Ivan's service. Pray for peace and safety.

Grace and Peace...
Bryan

1 comment:

Sandi said...

back in the 80s, Rich and I were here visitng my family and went to GCR, Doug Parsons told him he was robbing the cradle.