Thursday, January 26, 2012

Today "Hayom" If You Hear My Voice

I think what Sandi was asking can be heard on Dan Lancaster’s Hebrew series, Lesson 05, “Enter My Rest,” beginning around the 7:50 minute mark.

“Remember the story I told the children. In that story, Yehoshua Ben Levi, a third century Jewish Sage somehow encounters Messiah, according to him and asks, ‘When are you coming.’ Messiah says, ‘today,’ but then he doesn’t. So Ben Levi is ticked off and he goes to complain to Elijah.

Elijah explains and says, ‘What Messiah meant was, “Today.”’…Elijah said that the Messiah was quoting Psalm 95:7, ‘Today, if you would hear His voice,’ hayom. ‘Today if you hear my voice’ is ‘today,’ if you obey me, today if you repent. When is it “hayom,” when is it “today”? When is it that Messiah comes? When ‘you hear My voice.’ When you repent.” (Dan Lancaster, Hebrews Audio Lesson 5, Enter My Rest)

Scott

No comments: