Thursday, February 12, 2009

Enjoying the Postings

I am greatly enjoying everyone’s postings. I can see that a cross section of the heart could be look like the Shin and I am sure that there are pictures like this that we would never see without the help of others, so thanks Sandi.

Just wanted to add a couple thoughts. In relation to the seventy palms, I will communicate Sandi’s thought to Teresa that seventy was also the number of Jacob’s family that entered Egypt (Gen 46:27). I also see the seventy that JESUS sent out in pairs as a picture of the gospel going to all the nations, which Jewish tradition said was 70, supported by the number of animals sacrificed during the Feast of Tabernacles.

On Brian’s posting, I do not initially understand why a person with a defect cannot make the offering. After all, the LORD made that person as they are. It must relate to a picture. Just as the offered animal must be free of defect because it was a picture of JESUS, the person offering might need to be free of defect because they are a picture of JESUS as HE stands as a priest before the heavenly altar of the LORD. I have no idea how long eyebrows could relate to JESUS.

Scott

No comments: